One of the things that I have not mentioned is that I became a National Board Certified Teacher in 2003. I have to say that is one of the most rewarding accomplishments of my life. I feel that by completing this rigorous undertaking, I totally changed the way I look at everything!
Today, I went to a meeting at Shades Valley High school that included Betsy Rogers. I got to get up close and personal with her! She is AMAZING! I also networked with other National Board Teachers and it was rewarding to hear their experiences and to garner new information about happenings in other systems. Our system is trying to begin a cohort that will support teachers from our county that want to go through the process.
If any one is interested in applying to the process, talk to me and maybe I can answer some of your questions. I know this was the ultimate professional development experience for me because it was TOTALLY geared toward me.
Oh well, enough rambling,
Renee is Signing Off!
Saturday, January 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment